The 12mm Boa HMS has a wide gate opening for easy clipping of thick ropes and slings, and large internal volume for controlled handling in all conditions. Its curved top bar allows multiple attachments which can centralise under load for stable loading.
- HMS carabiners have extended top bars to accommodate multiple attachments like slings and knots. Their top bars are curved, allowing attachments to self-centre and encouraging optimal loading. HMS carabiners tend to be large, for better compatibility with thick ropes and while wearing gloves. The gate opening is the distance between the nose of a carabiner and the gate when it is fully opened.
- Larger gate openings make a carabiner easier to use while wearing gloves and with thick ropes and slings. Internal volume refers to the area inside a carabiner, and large internal volumes mean easier attachment and removal of multiple devices, knots and slings.
- These carabiners use a thick 12mm bar to achieve very high strength ratings. They are suitable for heavy duty rigging operations where strength is paramount.
- Steel carabiners are very strong and hard wearing, making them suitable for scenarios with high loads and heavy use. Cold forging means carabiners retain full section bars for consistent rope handling, while heat treatment results in high tensile strength.
- MBS (MAjor axis) - 40kN
- MBS (Minor axis) - 10kN
- MBS (Gate open) - 12kN
- Dimensions - 76 x 123mm
- Weight - 277g
- Opening - 24mm
- EN 362:2004 B, EN EN12275:2013 B, H & K
Standard Mainland UK Delivery:
- FREE on orders over £60 (excluding VAT) - £72 (inc VAT)
- £4.75 - Orders upto £59.99 (excluding VAT)
- In stock items are dispatched on a 24 hr delivery as standard.
- Orders received on a working day (Mon-Fri) are delivered within 1-5 working days
- Orders received on Friday will be delivered on Monday if in stock.
- Saturday deliveries are available by phone order - 0151 345 9971
Click for more information on Delivery and Returns.