Now supplied with Stainless Steel firebase, more durable compared to the previous aluminium base.
* the *main phoograph is not too exact scale**
- A highly efficient Outdoor camp kettle which is suitable for solo campers, Trekkers, Hikers, Kayakers, Backpackers, Bikers, and all outdoors enthusiasts who need to keep their pack light.
- A great addition to your Car Camping gear and a vital item for a Wilderness Survival Kit or Disaster kit.
- This lightweight aluminum kettle fits neatly into it's own drawstring carrying bag which can be put into or carried hanging from a Rucksack or Backpack.
- As there is no need to carry fuel, this camping equipment 'kit' will keep your pack light and save you money at the same time - never worry about running out of fuel again!
- Using any naturally occuring solid fuel (sticks, pine cones, dry camel dung! etc.) this unit will operate perfectly well, even in the most extreme weather conditions or terrain.
- The Kettle brings water to a rolling boil within a matter of minutes while you reheat or cook food at the same time using the cook set on the pot-support over the chimney of the kettle. In this way, a very small amount of fuel will both boil your water and cook your meal at the same time!
Please note All Aluminium kettles now come with green whistle instead of orange stopper, picture shows orange stopper.
- Height .......27cm / 10.6 inches (packed)
- Diameter....14cm / 5.5 inches
- Capacity.....20oz (UK) / 0.6 ltr
- Weight............1.1lb / 0.5kg
- Height ....... 27cm / 10.6inches (packed)
- Diameter....18.5cm / 7.3 inches (widest point at Rim of fire Base)
- Capacity.....41 (UK) ozs / 1.2ltr
- Weight............1.5lb / 0.7kg
- Height ....... 34cm / 13 inches (packed)
- Diameter....18.5cm / 7.3 inches (widest point at rim of fire base)
- Capacity.....54oz (UK)/ 1.6ltr
- Weight............1.8lb / 0.8kg
Stainless Steel Vs Aluminum
- For decades Kelly Kettles were made from Aluminum, and these kettles have been known to last for literally decades! However, in recent years there has been significant demand, primarily from the North American market, for a Stainless Steel version of our kettle. Hence, we developed and introduced the steel model of 'Base Camp' kettle in early 2009.
- Stainless Steel is slightly heavier than Aluminum however; it is a stronger metal and therefore more resilient to dents.
- The Aluminum kettle boils slightly faster than its steel twin as Aluminum conducts heat faster than steel.
- The Aluminum kettle is cheaper than its Stainless Steel twin.
- Stainless Steel kettles should be dried off and stored in a Dry location to prolong the life of the kettle. There is no need to dry off Aluminum kettles and they require very little care - aluminum kettles have been known to literally, last a lifetime.
- There should be no 'taste' of either metal.
- Note: If you were considering doing a lot of cooking on the fire base, then the Stainless Steel Kettle is the best option. The Steel kettles come with a steel base which is more suitable to cooking than the aluminum base, as Steel has a melting point almost twice that of Aluminium. We already have Stainless Steel Cook sets available which are designed to fit inside the steel bases for transport and we will be launching a new 'Steel 'Hobo Stove' attachment in late 2012 which will make cooking on the fire base even easier!
That’s it really…..the choice is yours!
Standard Mainland UK Delivery:
- FREE on orders over £60 (excluding VAT) - £72 (inc VAT)
- £4.75 - Orders upto £59.99 (excluding VAT)
- In stock items are dispatched on a 24 hr delivery as standard.
- Orders received on a working day (Mon-Fri) are delivered within 1-5 working days
- Orders received on Friday will be delivered on Monday if in stock.
- Saturday deliveries are available by phone order - 0151 345 9971
Click for more information on Delivery and Returns.