The PIRANA descender offers multiple braking options and can be installed on the rope without removing it from the harness. Designed for use with canyoning descent techniques.
- Three different braking positions to select from before beginning a descent
- Two extra friction spurs allow friction to be varied during descent
- A carabiner with a cross section of around 12 mm (e.g. Am'D) provides a tight fit in the small hole, creating a "rigid" carabiner / descender unit
- Stays attached to the harness during rope insertion, to help prevent loss
- Reduces the risk of leverage on the carabiner gate due to poor positioning
- The PIRANA helps prevent the formation of a lark’s head hitch around the body and reduces rope twisting, without decreasing braking friction
- Material(s): hot forged aluminium body
- Weight: 90 g
- Rope compatibility: For use on a single rope, 8 - 13 mm in diameter
- Can be used on double ropes, but certain braking positions may not be usable depending on the rope's diameter
Standard Mainland UK Delivery:
- FREE on orders over £60 (excluding VAT) - £72 (inc VAT)
- £4.75 - Orders upto £59.99 (excluding VAT)
- In stock items are dispatched on a 24 hr delivery as standard.
- Orders received on a working day (Mon-Fri) are delivered within 1-5 working days
- Orders received on Friday will be delivered on Monday if in stock.
- Saturday deliveries are available by phone order - 0151 345 9971
Click for more information on Delivery and Returns.