The Petzl Zigzag Plus mechanical prusik is an innovative piece of equipment. Tree surgery will never be the same once you have used the zigzag, it allows you to move freely around the tree whether ascending or descending. Branch walking can sometimes be a bit of a balancing act but with the Zigzag it now becomes a joy, tending the slack is so easy as you move back into the tree.
Using the classic prusik pulley system the Zigzag is simple to move over too from the friction cord system. The pulley is mounted on sealed efficient ball bearings which allow slack to be taken up easily
SRT - The Zigzag can now be used for SRT when coupled with the Petzl Chicane
- Intuitive to use:
- - technique identical to a classic Prusik pulley system
- - the device locks automatically on the rope once the friction chain extends
- For efficient movement within the tree:
- - rope feed is smooth and precise thanks to the release lever, allowing the user great control over his/her movements. Adjusting the pressure on this lever controls the speed of movement
- - easy to take up the slack, thanks to the pulley mounted on sealed ball bearings and the separated and curved side plates
- - lower attachment hole with high-efficiency swivel ensures stable and correct positioning of the mechanical Prusik and optimal rope glide through the device
- - for use on either doubled ropes or a single rope, thanks to the CHICANE accessory, which offers more friction on the descent, and the KNEE ASCENT assemblies, which facilitate the ascent
- - upper attachment hole for the rope end when using a doubled rope or for the CHICANE auxiliary braking device when using a single rope. It has a flexible positioning ring that helps keep the connector oriented along its major axis
- - auxiliary attachment hole for adding a ZILLON lanyard or connecting a second system
- - steel construction for improved durability
- - separated and curved side plates for better wear resistance
- Rope compatibility: 11.5 to 13 mm diameter
- ZIGZAG PLUS allows the user to work in compliance with the ANSI Z133 standard
- Material(s): aluminium, steel, nylon
- Weight: 425 g
- Rope compatibility: EN 1891 type A low stretch kernmantel ropes
- Working load limit: 140 kg
- Certification(s): CE
Standard Mainland UK Delivery:
- FREE on orders over £60 (excluding VAT) - £72 (inc VAT)
- £4.75 - Orders upto £59.99 (excluding VAT)
- In stock items are dispatched on a 24 hr delivery as standard.
- Orders received on a working day (Mon-Fri) are delivered within 1-5 working days
- Orders received on Friday will be delivered on Monday if in stock.
- Saturday deliveries are available by phone order - 0151 345 9971
Click for more information on Delivery and Returns.